I have a secret to share.
I am not a fan of garish lighting displays during the holidays.
So, then, as we move forward with technology, how do we avoid the twinkly lights and continue to use that which is proven to work? I'm reassured by Tolkien's words.
J.R.R.Tolkien wrote this poem for The Lord of the Rings.
- All that is gold does not glitter,
- Not all those who wander are lost;
- The old that is strong does not wither,
- Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
- A light from the shadows shall spring;
- Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
- The crownless again shall be king.